Tani Pack Downing is currently the State Risk Manager for the State of Utah. She is the immediate past President of the national State Risk and Insurance Management Association and former President of the BYU Law School Alumni Association.
Tani is passionate about public service. Besides State Risk Manager, she has held several positions within Utah State government, including:
- Deputy Chief of Staff and General Counsel to Governor Jon Huntsman
- Executive Director, Utah Department of Workforce Services
- Chair, Workforce Appeals Board
- General Counsel for the Department of Workforce Services and Director of the Legal/Appeals Division
- Associate General Counsel for the Utah State Legislature
- Private practice in Honolulu and Las Vegas
Tani and her husband Carl are the parents of a recently-married daughter. Whenever they can, you will find them enjoying the outdoors or traveling.